With the spring semester officially upon us, we’re here to help you get started and stay focused. Below is a sample calendar of events and programs, to help you plan for the next few months.
- Hold a General Interest Meeting. This allows students who are new to your chapter to learn more about Active Minds. And you can check off your spring semester general body meeting on your yearly evaluation!
- Hold an Executive Board Meeting. Discuss your plans for the semester with your fellow chapter leaders. Remember: It’s never too early to start thinking about your leadership transition plan.
- Raise Awareness About Eating Disorders. Eating Disorder Awareness Week is February 22 – 28. Put on a program with our EDAW Action Kit to attract new members, engage your chapter, and educate your campus about eating disorders — all while meeting your program and fundraising requirements!
- Plan an Online Fundraising Campaign. There are plenty of topics you can center your campaign around: educating people on the history of Active Minds, raising awareness about why Active Minds is important, and recognizing the anniversary of Brian Malmon’s passing.
- Complete the Spring Chapter Inventory. Keep an eye on your email in early March for our Spring Inventory, sent to chapter presidents and advisors to complete before March 31. Help the National Office see how we can support our chapters best and track your progress towards the goals you have set.
- Hold a Stress Less Week Event. Try using our online kit to engage your campus in stress relief activities leading into finals. Stress Less Week, held this year from April 13-17, is an easy time to incorporate fundraising, especially with a fundraising Walk/Run. Not only will your peers appreciate your events, but and you can also meet your requirements to fundraise and host a national program.
- Celebrate. Finish out the semester strong by recognizing your chapter’s accomplishments and your graduating seniors! Consider hosting a potluck dinner for all chapter members, as one final meeting of the year.
- Graduating? Make one last fundraising push! Remind your friends and family that the mission we are working towards doesn’t graduate with you. Ask them to donate and help leave a legacy at your school.
- Hold an Executive Board Meeting. With your new Executive Board members in place, meet to pass along any relevant information or documents and brainstorm how to stay in touch during summer.
- Complete the Chapter Inventory. This is the last one for the year, we promise! Make sure to include any new leader contact information.
- Mail Any Fundraising Money. Send the national office any money (checks only please!) that you would like to go towards your chapter’s annual fundraising goal by June 30. Remember to notate your chapter’s name clearly so we can accurately credit your chapter. Make checks payable to Active Minds Inc.
Want more tips on planning for the spring? Check out our blog post “How to Plan an Effective Spring Semester.” As always, email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further assistance.