Now is a great time to look ahead and plan your programs through the end of semester and beyond; if you’re looking for a way to promote your Active Minds chapter on your campus, and raise awareness about mental health and suicide, consider hosting an event around one of the mental health awareness campaigns coming up!
Let Active Minds Speakers Bureau provide a presenter on one of the topics being highlighted, and remember– when you book an AMSB speaker, your chapter will receive programming credits toward your annual fundraising goal!
- February 23-March 1 is Eating Disorders Awareness Week; if you aren’t holding an event for EDAW this year, start thinking about 2017 now! Stacy Pershall, Maggie Bertram and Colleen Coffey all share their personal stories about their struggles with eating disorders.
- March 1 is Self-harm Awareness Day; Juliana Kerrest, David Romano, Pablo Campos and Jordan Burnham share their stories of depression, emotional pain and self-injury, shining a light on why it happens and how they are recovering.
- April is National Minority Health Month, and that includes mental health; Jordan Burnham, Kai, Roberts, Danée Sergeant, Janelle Montaño and Pablo Campos share their lived experience with mental health disorders as members of minority cultures.
- April is also Stress Awareness Month—and who DOESN’T feel stress from time to time? Each of the Active Minds speakers has a unique story and message about how stress affects us and how to overcome it.
- Alcohol Awareness Month is observed in April, too; Bryan Adams, Danee Sergeant, Janelle Montano, Jordan Burnham and Pablo Campos talk about their use and abuse of alcohol (and other substances) as part of their disorders.
- May is Mental Health Month (May 1-7 is Children’s Mental Health Awareness Week); May 16-22 is National Anxiety and Depression Awareness Week. The Active Minds speakers are available to come to your campus and talk about anxiety, depression, suicide prevention, PTSD, substance use and abuse, and more.
If your Spring semester calendar is already full, get a head start on the Fall!
- The week of September 5-11 we recognize National Suicide Prevention Week (September 10 is World Suicide Prevention Day); Jordan Burnham, Meg Hutchinson, David Romano, Pablo Campos, Frank Warren, Kevin Briggs and Stacy Pershall are excellent presenters on this high-interest topic.
- October is National Bullying Prevention Month; Danee Sergeant, Kai Roberts, Stacy Pershall and Colleen Coffey offer their unique perspectives on what it’s like to be the target of this behavior and its effects.
- October 2 – 8 is Mental Illness Awareness Week and October 6 is National Depression Screening Day ®. All of the Active Minds speakers talk candidly about the impact of mental health disorders on their lives, and the process of diagnosis, treatment and recovery.
Whatever your focus is, and whenever your event will take place, let us help YOU educate your campus, promote mental wellness and earn program credits! Contact the Active Minds Speakers Bureau at email@example.com or at 202-332-9595 x102 TODAY!