With September right around the corner, now is a great time to start planning for your chapter’s success in the 2016-2017 academic year. Here are some of our top tips for getting the year off on the right foot:
1. Study up on the new ratings criteria. We heard your feedback on ratings, inventories and more. Check out the new ratings to make sure you’re on track to be a five-star chapter!
2. Start planning Suicide Prevention Month. Share a post on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Tumblr from September 10 to October 3 with #ReasonsISpeak and the reasons you combat the silence surrounding suicide and mental illness. Feeling inspired? Submit a post to our Suicide Prevention Month blog.
3. Check out the new and improved Fundraising Resources, including brand new chapter fundraising pages. Will your chapter be the first to raise $1,000 and get on our leaderboard?
4. Like the Chapter Network Facebook page. We regularly post tips on mental health programming, news articles about your fellow chapters and more. It’s also your go-to spot for connecting with other chapters.
5. Register for the #StigmaFighter event of the year: the 2016 National Mental Health on Campus Conference will be held November 4-6 at Sacramento State. Register beforeOctober 4 to get your Early Bird Ticket discount.
6. Schedule your first general meeting of the semester to welcome new members. Need help? Take a look at our tips for running effective meetings.
7. Check out our brand new webinars, including a Chapter President’s Hangout and trainings on Talking with the Media about Active Minds and Community Based Fundraising. Check back throughout the fall for new webinar dates, topics, and recordings of previous webinars.
8. Email the Chapters Team with any questions, concerns, updates and brainstorming support anytime throughout the year.
We know the new school year can be stressful, whether you’re going to college for the first time or returning for another semester – so don’t forget to check on your own mental health!