The 12th National Mental Health on Campus Conference is only three weeks away — and we’ve got a pretty awesome weekend planned. Below are the six things we’re most excited about right now. If you haven’t already, register now!
1. Keynote Presenters: We’re thrilled to announce our all-star line-up of keynote speakers. Friday night, suicide survivor and TV personality Melissa Rivers will speak at our Awards Dinner; Saturday afternoon, Active Minds Speaker Pablo Campos will share his story of recovery from addiction and mental illness; and on Sunday morning, writer, blogger and activist Sam Dylan Finch will speak about his experiences as a queer man living with mental illness.
2. Men & Mental Health Panel Discussion. What do men think about mental health? How do they handle depression, anxiety and other mental health issues? What do they do to overcome the stigma associated with mental illness? Learn the answers to these questions and more during this session, featuring Active Minds speakers, Jordan Burnham, Pablo Campos and David Romano, and moderated by Guardian of the Golden Gate Bridge, Kevin Briggs.
3. Author Meet and Greet. Where else can you find your favorite mental health authors other than at Active Minds’ Conference? Join us on Saturday evening for a chance to meet Kevin Briggs, Stacy Pershall and Frank Warren, and have your copies of their books signed in person!
4. Transform Your Campus. Thirsting to make a huge impact and leave a legacy on your campus? Is there something your university could be doing better to support student mental health? During this session you will learn more about Active Minds’ newest program, and return to campus ready to make lasting change.
5. Sunday Workshops. We have some of our most exciting workshops lined up on Sunday morning. Learn about writing for recovery, spoken word or mental health awareness through music. You can also, attend a yoga & and meditation session or relax with the Zentangle method.
6. Creative Programming Expo. It’s a conference favorite, but for the first time this year you’ll have the chance to vote for your favorite Expo booth! The top 5 presenters will receive a free gift, and by submitting your vote, you will enter yourself into a raffle for one of three Active Minds Chapter “Booster Packs” with buttons, stickers, and more. Submit your vote at the Resource Center where you can also help yourself to tons of free resources from Active Minds and other mental health organizations.